Playing video games may help children with dyslexia improve their reading skills, research suggests.
A study of 10-year-olds who played 12 hours of an “action” video game found it improved their reading speed without any cost to accuracy.
But more research was needed before games could be considered a treatment.
Do video games cause learning disabilities?
Learning Disabilities and Video Games. Children with learning disabilities are some of the major beneficiaries of digital tools for learning. Engaging games and apps promote increased opportunities for learning and continued practice.
What are the benefits of playing video games?
The following are some of the cognitive benefits of playing video games.
- Improves coordination.
- Improves problem-solving skills.
- Enhances memory.
- Improves attention and concentration.
- It is a great source of learning.
- Improves the brain’s speed.
- Enhances multitasking skills.
- Improves social skills.
How do they diagnose dyslexia?
Who is Qualified to Make a Dyslexia Diagnosis?
- Background information should be included.
- Intelligence testing is no longer considered necessary.
- Oral language skills should be documented.
- Word recognition (word reading) should be tested.
- Decoding should be tested.
- Spelling should be tested.
- Phonological processing should be tested.