How can I help my ADHD without medication?
To help Charles and people like him in my practice, I’ve outlined non-medication strategies to address adult ADHD.
- Overcome Your Inner Critic with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Pay Attention.
- Get Restful Sleep.
- Improve Nutrition.
- Create Structure.
- Find an Activity Partner.
- Improve Brain Function.
How do I help my child focus without medication?
These 10 strategies helped Jeff get on track, and they can help your child too.
- Get the medication right.
- Establish eye contact.
- Practice skills step by step.
- Play attention-boosting games.
- Fit the task to the child.
- 6. Make a suitable work space.
- 7. Make learning active.
- Take frequent breaks.
How can I help my child with ADHD at home?
Other “do’s” for coping with ADHD
- Create structure. Make a routine for your child and stick to it every day.
- Break tasks into manageable pieces.
- Simplify and organize your child’s life.
- Limit distractions.
- Encourage exercise.
- Regulate sleep patterns.
- Encourage out-loud thinking.
- Promote wait time.
Can ADHD be cured naturally?
ADHD stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It has no cure currently, but there are natural treatments that people sometimes may want to try to help them cope with the condition. But ADHD can affect adults, too.