How can I help my child with spelling words?
Here are some fun and simple spelling games and activities to help you teach your child spelling words and improve their confidence:
- Teach your child spelling words with ‘Lily Pad Letters’
- Use ‘Stair Steps’ to memorize certain words.
- Toss around the ‘Spelling Ball’
- Use magazine clippings to familiarize with letters.
How can I teach my child to spell?
Suggested clip · 116 seconds
Teach a Child to Spell in 3 Simple Steps – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
Does ADHD affect spelling?
Many but not all kids with ADHD are hyperactive or overactive and also have trouble controlling impulses. The spelling connection: When kids aren’t focused and rush through what they are writing, they can easily make spelling mistakes. ADHD can make it harder to commit words and spelling rules to memory.
How do you help a child with ADHD learn to read?
Here’s how to increase reading comprehension in students with ADHD.
- Read to your child.
- Engage the imagination.
- Show how books are organized.
- Ask for predictions.
- Show interest in what your child is reading.
- Encourage note-taking.
- Increase word power.
- Translate figures of speech.