Calm them down with fun word games
Offer your children a more productive option while calming their over-excitement.
English word games and crossword puzzles are one of the most fun and productive way to calm them.
How do you calm an overactive child?
5 Ways to Handle Hyperactive Kids by Engaging their Body and Mind
- Channelise their energy.
- Talk to your child in a simple manner.
- Help them deal with their feelings.
- 4. Make them relax.
- Behaviour therapy.
- Karate/Martial Arts To Channelise Energy.
- Outdoor sports for Constant Activity.
- Music to Calm the Mind.
How do you control excitement?
Part 2 Practicing Calming Techniques
- Take deep breaths to help calm your emotions. Deep breathing can be an effective way to center and calm yourself.
- Meditate to consciously bring your excitement under control.
- Visualize yourself in a calm or relaxed state.
How do you deal with a high spirited child?
Best Strategies For Parenting A Spirited Child
- Establish a routine and stick to it.
- Parent proactively by setting expectations and giving warnings.
- Use discipline that makes sense.
- Avoid punishment.
- When your child is having difficulty with self-regulation, hold them close and empathize.
- Be attentive to their emotional needs.
Can a child be hyperactive and not have ADHD?
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says that while hyperactive behavior can be considered normal for some children, hyperactivity can, but doesn’t have to, be indicative of a neurological-developmental condition, such as ADHD. ADHD Combined Type – symptoms of both inattention and hyperactivity-impulsivity.